MY NEW BIRD

Thursday, May 31, 2012
I know taxidermy isn't for everyone, but love it ....
I really got an appreciation for taxidermy after visiting here
years ago ....
and lately the work of Polly Morgan (who happens to live in this space with Mat Collishaw)
and Melbourne girl Julia deVille has reignited my interest .....

 so this is my first taxidermy purchase ....
a pigeon (not sure of his breed) but he is very beautiful ....
all of the birds from the taxidermist I bought it from have either died of natural causes or had unpreventable deaths ..... 








I really like how he peeks his head around the corner into the living room .....

..... looks like he's hiding from the cat in the picture !!!

Soooo .... do you like him or (like a recent dinner guest) are you a little creeped out by taxidermy ?