HOLIDAY (AT HOME) THINGS

Friday, January 6, 2012
This Christmas and New Year break has been so lovely, it's the first time for as long as I can remember that we haven't gone away either for Christmas or a New Year visit to The South Coast (my husbands parents and family live there) ....
this year they visited us for Christmas and the rest of the time has been a lovely relaxing holiday time at home catching up with friends and just hanging out ....
some nice things have been my new Nigel Slater cookbook ....
(I want to try everything !!!)

 flowering pots ....


 a new little chair purchased from a New Years Day car boot sale ...





our new addition to the coat rack, my husband's new Akubra hat, a Christmas present from his mum
(I must say he wears it very well !!!) ....



 afternoons on the deck ....



 Hydrangeas from the garden ....




relaxed dogs ....


.... and this book, good bedtime reading, it's written by one of the Guinness girls and it's quite an interesting read so far.


 We also saw a few films, my favorite was Melancholia , there have been a lot of mixed reviews but I loved it ....

as well as quite a few trips to Sydney and quite a few pizzas at Pizza e Birra,
the seafood and prosciutto and rocket are our favorites .....

..... and quite a few trips to Gelato Messina
as well for their burnt fig gelato ...
soooo good !!!

I will get back into some more regular blogging next week ....
I've got a few new photos to show you of our newly painted and revamped home and the mantel I showed you a while back ...
(I love it !!!)
.... in the meantime I hope you have a really lovely weekend
XXX