Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thinking it Over

Yipes! I'm it! I was tagged a couple of days ago by sweet Mary over at Across the Pond. Seems I am supposed to complete a questionnaire that’s been circulating around. I finally have found some time to sit awhile and think about this. So here goes:

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was just beginning an extensive decorating project for a couple from Norway with a lovely lakeside house and European sensibilities. So much fun! My husband and I were also planning a trip to The Inn at Castle Hill in Essex, MA for the fall and, as it was summer, I was no doubt limp and whiny about the heat. Edward, of course, wasn’t even a gleam in his momma’s eye.

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Raw carrots - Edward’s favorite snack as well, by the way
2.. Fresh and crunchy cucumbers
3. Strawberries
4. Gingersnaps
5. Horlicks Light Chocolate Malt - before bedtime

On My To Do List For Today:
1. Bake Bread and Strawberry Cheesecake for tomorrow night dinner party
2. Finish a Wedding Keepsake Box!
3. Cut flowers for house arrangements
4. Finish a woefully late letter to some friends on the Isle of Skye
5. Take Edward and Apple for a long walk after the sun goes down and it’s cooler

If I Suddenly Became a Billionaire:
1. Give scads away to people who need it. Anonymously.
2. Tell my health insurance company to take a hike
3. Totally fund my local animal rescue shelter. Edward would insist on that.
4. Buy an idyllic cottage on a lot of land near Glenfinnan, Scotland
5. Indulge in several Loro Piana shawls.
It’s so funny. The billionaire question makes me realize how happy I really am with my life as it is. I wouldn’t want to move my primary residence here in the states. I wouldn’t want more “things”, and I love my quirky, romantic home. Happy facts to acknowledge occasionally. Of course, there are those shawls.

Five Places I’ve Lived:
1. Mississippi
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. Does “in a Fantasy World” count??

Five Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Baby-sitter
2 Secretary for a Horse Racing Stable
3. Receptionist for a Veterinarian
4. Copywriter for a radio station
1 thru 4 - early stuff
5. Interior Designer and Artist

Five Random Facts About Me:
Let’s see, I
1. Can find four-leaf clovers on demand
2. Am addicted to the NY Times Crossword Puzzle
3. Once met George Lucas on the monorail at Disneyworld
4. Prefer baths over showers
5. Use SPF 70 every day, rain or shine


This was fun and I think I’m supposed to tag someone else, but since I’ve not been at this very long, I’d better not.