A Secret Revealed

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Secret Revealed

When I began From the House of Edward four years ago, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.  My busy career in interior design had slowed with the American economy leaving my creative spirit antsy and bored, so I thought the little experiment of a blog would be an interesting diversion.  So little, so very little, did I know.  I began to write, and suddenly, to my amazement, doors began to fly open up and down the hallways of my imagination, some locked since childhood and each one more mysterious, more fascinating, than the last.  Finally all the musings and fancies that had flitted through my mind for years had somewhere to land.  I began to look forward to gathering ideas around me like a wildly embroidered cloak and sitting down each day to write.  And strangely enough, the more I wrote, the more generous was the muse; I found my dreams more colourful, my visions more fanciful, than ever before.  Writing this blog has been, and continues to be, a complete joy and through it I have met so many truly lovely people, people I now call dear friends.

For several years now, I have been getting letters from readers requesting the blog in book form.  At first, I dismissed the idea entirely.  But as those requests became more frequent I began, slowly and with no small amount of trepidation, to consider the possibility. So earlier this year I began the long process of editing and reworking the blog essays with a book in mind and now, ten months later, and happily in one of my favourite months of the year, I can say to you all that From the House of Edward is here.... in hardback with a lavender velvet spine and silver lettering. It’s perfectly gorgeous and I'm so tickled!  I’m also so very honoured to have the wonderful artist, Amber Alexander, as the illustrator.  Her magical colour paintings of Edward are throughout the book and I am thrilled beyond measure to have her lovely work grace its pages.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says, “ A book is like a garden carried in your pocket”.  That is exactly what I wish From the House of Edward to be for you. I hope it is a book you reach for on an icy December night, the book you tuck into your bag when you wander down a sun-dappled road on a April morning.  I hope you find it a bit of comfort in a difficult world, and a bit of fun in serious times.  And I hope you enjoy the stories of Edward, the big white dog,
 for none of this would have happened without him. 


Buy Your Autographed Copy HERE!